The South Fork and Wolf Creek area offers you the opportunity to own larger parcels of land. For instance, are you looking for:
- A place to really get away?
- Stunning big sky sunsets?
- A place where the elk, deer, and antelope roam?
- A place where you can keep all your toys and/or animals?
- Authentic privacy?
Spectacular views in all directions?
Starriest skies you've ever seen?
A place where you can ride off into the National Forest?
A place where you can build more than one dwelling?
How to Evaluate a Large Acre Parcel
Contact me at 719-849-8149 or use the form below to send an email for specifics on large acre properties which are currently available in the following areas:
- Terrain - bluffs, rocks, drainage, elevation, ease of building, creeks, ponds, erosion
- Wells - existing or permit needed, permit process, how deep to find water, water rights
- Electric lines or off grid solar
- Phone lines
- Proximity to hunting areas
- Modulars or trailers permitted
- County issues
- Subdividing property
Types of trees and brush, pasture
Road access and maintenance, if 4-wheel drive is needed, snow removal
Supplemental water for landscape or animals
Proximity and access to National Forest and/or BLM land
- Non-traditional structures
- Building permits
South Fork, CO Area: Aspen Springs, Cottonwood Springs, Embargo Creek, Willow Park West, Pinion Hills, and some miscellaneous stashes
Del Norte, CO Area: Pronghorn Ranch, San Francisco Creek, Old Woman's Creek, South Fork Ranches, other non-subdivision areas
Creede, CO Area: Bachelor Loop, Wagon Wheel Gap
Factors to consider when purchasing large acre parcels...as your REALTOR®, I will make sure that we cover everything before you make a purchase, such as:If so, 35+ acres may suit you beautifully...perhaps even 100+ acres. Remarkably, these types of parcels still exist near South Fork, Creede, and Del Norte and are close to golfing, skiing, fishing, hunting, river activities, shopping, dining out, etc. Prices generally range from $1,500 to $8,000 per acre, and a bit more on the Rio Grande River. As a local resident, I will be your guide (literally!) as you look for the property of your dreams.